How would you rate your digital presence? The pandemic that we are facing in 2020 has set a big challenge for small businesses, and there is no denying that Corona Virus has pushed a lot of these small businesses online.
The big question is, how to take your business online?
There are many ways that you can take you business online and boost your brand’s digital presence. In this article, we will be exploring 3 ways that you can take your business online today.
Set Up An Online Store
Let’s face it, you cannot do business as usual at your store, so it would make sense to move your store online.
There are many ways that you can switch to online, if you already have an online store then make sure that it has been set up correctly. Add any products that you may not currently have listed, check contact details and payment gateways and ensure that supply chains are not affected by Coronavirus.
Consider expanding your target market. If you only sell wholesale, change it up and start selling to consumers.
If you don’t already have an online store, there are options for you:
- Learn how to start selling with Facebook’s Page shop.
- Learn how to start selling on Instagram.
- Use an e-commerce service like Shopify or Woocommerce to set up an online store and link it to your social media pages.
Once you have set up your online store, settled on your delivery options and ensured a steady supply from your suppliers, get the word out. Use your website and social media pages, like Facebook and Instagram, to let customers know how they can order from you.
Grow Your Social Media Following
Social Media has always been important to small business, and even more so during these times. Use lockdown to boost engagement with your customers. Think about it, traffic on the roads may have died down but it has shifted online. Use this time to engage with your customers and build a strong online presence in the following ways:
- Update customers about your business; new delivery methods, new online store launch, trading hour updates, and COVID safety measures.
- Share content that will stand out. Entertain your customers, educated them and reassure them.
- Do a giveaway or contest. Be sure to read through contest guidelines on popular social media platforms.
- Share posts that speak true to your brand. Customers like to see business that relate to them on a personal level.
- Giving back to the community? Share your commitment with your audience.
- Boost posts to reach a new audience and potential customers.
- If you have put off necessary Social Media page admin, use this time to update any outdated information.
Use Email Newsletters
Email marketing is an important easy-to-use tool that small businesses can only benefit from. Not only does email marketing have great conversion rates, but customers have signed up just to hear from you!
If you already have a newsletter up and running, modify your content for the current economic situation but still keep it relevant to your brand. Here are a few ways that you can convert through email marketing.
- A lot of the content that you share on Social Media can also be used in emails; new delivery methods, COVID safety measures, as well as contests.
- Highlight useful products, and current specials.
- Share tips with customers on how to use your products at home.
How have you changed your online strategy during lockdown? Chat to us about your business goals and see how we can help you today.